Online Marketing with Email Campaigns
E-mail Marketing: An Effective Strategy for Building your Business
Despite the popularity of social media, email campaigns remains the most preferred online marketing tool for one simple reason: it works!
E-mail marketing works because it delivers your message exactly where you want your target market to read it: the inbox. Although the number of times a person checks his or her e-mail varies; some have placed it at an average of five times per day, the fact is everyone checks their e-mail at least once a day.
Statistically, e-mail marketing is a more effective strategy than social media marketing. Surveys have shown that e-mail marketing acquires customers 40 times more than the two leading social media platforms combined. According to the Direct Marketing Association, e-mail marketing is the most cost-effective online marketing tool and results in an ROI of 4,300%!
With numbers like these, you should be asking yourself why you haven’t undertaken an email marketing campaign.
Here are a few of the advantages of email campaigns:
- Low Cost– There are no printing costs, postal charges or advertising fees. Marketing via e-mail will cost you significantly less compared to other online marketing tools.
- High conversion rate– You only send content to people who have asked and confirmed to receive materials.
But a successful email campaign is more than just creating letters and sending them to contacts. A successful campaign requires planning, effort and an adherence to guidelines. The keys to effective e-mail marketing should consider the following factors:
- Creativity– This refers to the design and layout of the e-mail. No one wants to read e-mails that are in generic format. Communication must be professionally laid out with the correct orientation for easy viewing.
- Relevance– The biggest mistake of online marketers is to send out default templates to contacts. Remember that each individual is unique and must be approached accordingly. For your e-mail to be effective, it must be personalized to the contact you are sending it to. People appreciate the effort you put in for customizing their letters.
- Timing– Another mistake of online marketers is not sending out e-mail at the appropriate time. Even though the Internet is a 24/7 platform, you must respect the schedule of the recipient. Business communication should be sent during working hours.
- Content– In marketing, regardless of which process you use, the popular saying remains true: “Content is king”. Writing business letters is a learned skill. You have to craft letters that draw enough interest to ask for more information.
- Attributes– How your e-mails are structured and set up will determine if these will be delivered in the inbox or accepted as “Spam”. You need to identify and highlight the attributes that will define your business for what it is.
E-mail marketing camapighs are vital component to your business development strategy.
If you know how to maximize its potential, it will reap huge dividends for your company.
But as you have read, it takes time, effort and resources to launch a successful e-mail campaign. It takes skill to be able to create an effective value exchange between your business and the recipient.
The e-mail addresses or contact list you have can be a valuable asset that can be monetized for your business’ success.
If you would like to impliment an email marketing campaign, drop us a line or give us a call.
We have a number of highly-experienced virtual assistants who can take you through the process, design and implement an e-mail marketing campaign for your business.