You don’t have to include every social media platform in your digital marketing strategy. The social media marketing campaign will be easier to manage with only two to three channels. Regardless of your goals and objectives, Twitter should be one of your social media platforms.
If you’re already on Twitter, here are 5 ways you can stay active on the network.
5 Ways To Stay Active On Twitter
The key to using Twitter successfully is activity. Twitter’s short messaging system which restricts messages to only 280 characters encourages users to tweet even more. According to the latest Twitter usage statistics, more than 320 Million messages are tweeted every day.
How often should you tweet?
A study by HubSpot showed that Twitter users who tweeted between 10 to 50 times per day generated the highest number of followers. The equilibrium point or ideal number of tweets to produce results is pegged at around 22 tweets per day.
So how do you stay active on Twitter? Let us count the ways!
- Schedule Time in a Day to Tweet
Twitter should not just be your only platform. In should be part of a comprehensive social media marketing strategy. Twitter on its own may not help you achieve your online marketing goals. You need other social media platforms to support your campaign. This means you have to set aside time in a day for Twitter.
What are the best days and times to tweet on Twitter?
A study by Hootsuite showed that tweets sent out at 3:00pm from Monday to Friday get the best results. For B2B enterprises, 12:00pm to 3:00pm on weekdays appear to be the ideal hours to send out tweets that get the most retweets and clicks.
On the other hand, B2C businesses may find greater success tweeting at 9:00am, 12:00pm and at 5:00pm from Monday to Friday.
Keep in mind, 48% of Twitter users are on EST.
- Use Online Tools
If time is an issue, you can resort to using online tools that can help you send out tweets on schedule.
Here are 5 of the best online tools you can use for Twitter:
- Buffer – This social media scheduler app will get your tweet out when you want it.
- Tweroid – Do you want to increase engagement levels? Tweroid lets you know when your followers are tweeting. Schedule your tweets during these hours to encourage greater engagement.
- Twilerts – Reputation management is crucial for building your brand. Twilerts notifies you by email whenever your brand is mentioned on Twitter. Stay on top of your online reputation by signing up with Twilerts.
- TweetWally – Relevancy is a key criterion for great content. TweetWally helps you find relevant hashtags and tweets. This saves you time when you are researching for new topics to write about.
- BackTweets – Do you want to know which followers actively share your content? BackTweets will show you who your most ardent followers are. You can use the information to fine-tune your content and pinpoint potential paying customers.
- Generate More Re-Tweets
A re-tweet is like having your post shared in Facebook. It shows someone liked your content enough to share it with his/her followers. Having your content re-tweeted exposes it to more potential followers.
Here are 6 tips on how to get more re-tweets from your followers:
- Tweet Humorous Content – Who doesn’t like a good laugh? As they say, “Laughter is the best medicine” and according to Twitter statistics, 84% of re-tweets are funny or humorous content.
- It’s All In The Timing – As we mentioned in the previous section, you can generate the highest level of engagement if you send out tweets at the hours where your followers are active. The higher the engagement level, the greater the probability of getting re-tweeted.
- Tweet Quotes – Other than humour, people look for inspirational quotes to lift their day. Find the best inspirational quotes from the most iconic people and see the number of re-tweets surge through the roof.
- Include a Link – 19% of tweets have a link but 57% of re-tweets carried a link. What does this mean? It means people prefer to re-tweet links. So add a link when you tweet out.
- Include a Hashtag – Hashtags make it easier for your tweets to get found. Close to 2 Million tweets include a hashtag. If you want more re-tweets, include a hashtag to your tweet.
- Mention a High Profile Twitter User – Everyone who uses Twitter loves to get mentioned. It helps them track their performance and visibility. Add a high-profile Twitter user in your tweet and he/she may just re-tweet it.
- Tweet the Same Content
One reason why digital marketing is more efficient than traditional marketing is that it is sustainable. Think about it. What do you do with left-over flyers, posters, and streamers? They’ll probably end up in the garbage bin for recycling.
The same can be said for advertorials, press releases, and ads published in glossies or broadsheets. Once the day has passed, it becomes as dated as the publication itself.
The same cannot be said for online content. You can extract more value by re-publishing it at a future date. This is why online content is considered evergreen. It can stand the test of time.
Remember, people are searching for content every day. It is possible that they were not able to come across your tweet or post.
Market demographics may also change without warning. Your business could be attracting users from a different age group, gender, or income bracket. Tweeting out the same content after a few months may reel in some new followers.
- Get Help
Online tools are great for ensuring your posting queue never gets vacant. However, you still need to find time to create content. If you are the business-owner or top executive in your company, will have the time to research and write new content on a daily basis?
The short answer is, “You shouldn’t.”
Time is a valuable asset in business. How you spend your hours will determine your level of productivity. The truth is, as important as social media marketing is, your hours are best allocated to managing the core functions of your business.
A proven solution is to outsource your social media marketing campaign.
There are many advantages to outsourcing this task:
- Capitalize on Talent – You can easily find virtual assistants, freelancers, and third party agencies that have the talent to plan out your social media campaign and create content for Twitter and other networks.
- Save Costs – Contracting virtual assistants will save you from paying salaries, benefits, Internet fees, and rent. As contracted talent, they are accountable for their own expenses. Rates are usually negotiable so you can stay within your budget.
- Increase Productivity – Even with its short messaging system, tweeting out 22 times a day will eat up hours in your day. Give your Twitter handle to a Virtual Assistant who will make sure you stay active on the social network while you go about your day’s work.
Conclusion – Why Your Business Needs To Be On Twitter
Twitter’s 336 Million users may seem paltry compared to Facebook’s community of 2 Billion. However, Twitter’s value is not based on the size of its reach but on its flexibility. There are many ways you can bend Twitter to serve your purpose.
Businesses use Twitter to acquire followers, launch new promotions, increase sales conversions, and drive more inbound traffic to their websites.
Not convinced? Here are a 10 key statistics that validate the power of Twitter:
- 93% of Twitter users purchase products and services from the small businesses they follow.
- 85% of small business owners say Twitter is the ideal platform to host their customer support services.
- 83% of Twitter followers give positive feedback on businesses that respond immediately after receiving their concern or issue.
- Ad engagements on Twitter have increased by 99%.
- 25% of marketers plan to allocate more advertising spending for Twitter.
- 70% of marketers believe Twitter can increase sales conversions better than Instagram.
- 25% of vehicle-owners said their decision to purchase a car was influenced by ads they saw on Twitter.
- 41% of Twitter users purchased products after seeing the ads run on the platform over a period of one month.
- 34% of marketers who use Twitter were able to generate leads.
- Of the 34%, 20% were converted to sales.
If you’re not on Twitter, what are you waiting for? Sign up and open your account right away and start tweeting! There’s a world out there that is waiting to read and hear about your business.