Businesses and companies have implemented and tried their best to adjust to the ‘new normal,’ which is to work from home. However, like any new thing that’s abruptly being applied, it causes some sort of a culture shock to the organization as a whole. Business operations are meddled with new requirements of systems, policies, and methods.
One of the apparent changes that businesses should adhere to is to provide IT support to their remote workforce. Thankfully, despite feeling unprepared for the shift, there are many resources, tools, and tips to aid you with the change.
Broken down below are some practical ways to ensure that IT support is provided for all your remote workers in the company.
1. Provide Support To All Users
As a business owner, you should strive to provide adequate remote IT support. This primarily enables everyone in your institution to work accordingly and generate positive outcomes for the benefit of your company. Deal with a reliable IT support services Melbourne company, or in any part of the world, and you’ll have your employees work without hiccups in their respective workstations.
Today’s technology allows technical support teams to connect to users’ computers and resolve issues as if they’re sitting at their desks. To address the problem, the tech support representative will go through the possible problems with the user. In an ideal world, your tech support can deal with and resolve the issue right on the first contact. When you’ve decided to outsource IT support, make sure it’s intended to help all of your company workers.
Whether your employee is working within your city or across the country, remote IT support employees should be able to deliver the same level of service. You can ensure that IT emergencies will be handled even if your staff is working away from your physical office.
2. Allow A 24/7 IT Support
Home-based employees may have different working hours than office-based employees. Because of remote work, it’s expected that some employees might also need to shift to different working schedules. A remote employee may need immediate assistance when the system crashes or can’t access the resources. To provide your employees with the best IT support, make sure they can reach the IT team at any time.
Having a distributed workforce also demands 24 hours and seven days a week availability for IT support. The needs of remote employees can vary according to the time zone, requiring attention at any time. When issues are tackled right away, your employees won’t have to waste waiting time; instead, they can continue being productive with their tasks.
Several companies enlist the help of managed IT service providers. Support for your remote teams is available round-the-clock through network support companies. This may entail some investment on your end, but will definitely yield successful results for your company.
In addition, setting up an IT support help desk can greatly simplify incoming technical concerns. Make sure all issues raised by your employees are taken care of and addressed as quickly as possible to ensure uninterrupted services and continuing productivity.
3. Establish A Network That Immediately Responds To Emergency Situations
Most issues can be resolved remotely, but, occasionally, an employee’s hardware may need to be inspected. With the situation right now, there’s a possibility that your employee won’t be able travel to the office to surrender their devices. The best way to move forward is to work with an IT provider nearby. This could be someone whose part of their services is to respond to emergency hardware collapse and damages.
Invest in a locally managed service provider (MSP) who can offer a wide-reaching network of IT support. With this network, the MSP can send a specialist near your remote employees and be able to fix the computers right away.
Most IT emergencies can be resolved remotely, but, sometimes, your remote team’s hardware needs to be assessed in person. With this service offering by your outsource provider, it’s efficient and considered the most effective solution when dealing with hardware malfunctions. Your staff won’t have to run to the nearest repair store, not even sure if they can tackle and solve the broken parts. A proper and organized system built by your service provider will promise a smoother work outflow among your staff.
4. Ensure Security Protocols
Working remotely isn’t limited to working from home only. While it may be the most common scenario, some of your staff members might find a more comfortable station for them to be more productive. Thanks to innovations and technology, the rapid accessibility of fast Internet speed in spaces like coffee shops and work cafes is now apparent. Unfortunately, these areas pose a threat to your company systems. Companies that handle sensitive data, like financials or protected patient information, may find themselves in a predicament in terms of security and cybercrime. Thus, it’s critical that your IT team follows a strict cybersecurity policy for remote teams.
A virus prevention program, malware protection, and spam filtering should be installed on all computers. Furthermore, for access to company resources, it’s recommended that you use a secure virtual private network (VPN) and encrypt your data on your devices. This way, information is protected no matter where the team connects to the Internet that day.
Moreover, there are more factors to consider and apply. These include the following:
- It’s best to require two-factor authentication.
- Require all employees to create and constantly update their passwords. They should steer away from simple and easy-to-guess ones.
- Audit any likely phishing activity.
- Instigate proper backups for all data.
- To verify incoming and outgoing emails, use email filtering solutions.
5. Invest In A Robust IT Support Team
The absence of email or computers can cause employees to become incapacitated during work hours or when they’re traveling. Anything can happen virtually, whether it’s a bug in the system or some hacking attacks. These could all hinder your company’s regular operations. Remote employees can be back to work faster if their IT support team is robust and reliable at any time of day.
Provide remote employees with a fast-resolving IT system, whether your in-house IT team handles all IT support or if you utilize a managed service provider (MSP). Having a support or help desk will also expedite the process. Choose a fully managed solution, in which the vendor’s technicians access your IT system and directly interact with your users. You’ll find that this option is hassle-free and more cost-effective.
When choosing managed IT services, it’s important to check the inclusive services they’re providing to get the best value for your investment. A full-service managed IT company can provide the following services:
- Service Desk: A well-managed IT company can offer 24/7 technical support. Experts can quickly resolve technical and service issues, maximizing your business’ service efficiency.
- Network Monitoring: You can keep your business connected to your target audience with minimal downtime by hiring a managed IT company that can help you build and manage a robust network system.
- Infrastructure Management: A well-trained IT service provider can optimize your IT infrastructure for greater stability. In this way, your business can keep up with high service demand.
- Endpoint Management: They offer server and client endpoint management in a centralized location to ensure stability and security. Boost employee productivity levels, minimize technical issues, and maximize uptime.
- Cyber Security: You should keep your business data safe 24/7. A reliable managed IT service company can protect your business systems and networks, minimizing cyber security risks and vulnerabilities.
- Cloud Hosting: Choose a reliable company that can offer cloud hosting solutions for your databases, services, and websites to decrease downtime and increase your productivity.
- Efficiency: Outsourcing IT duties to managed IT companies can give your staff the time to focus on other income generating tasks.
The ways mentioned and enclosed in this article are effective ways to ensure that IT support is sustained to all of your company workers. When they can work continuously with no errors and disturbances, this will impact your business positively. Remote work is never a hindrance to your company’s success if you select a reliable IT support provider.